Do you need support with writing your Occupational Therapy application form or CV?
We offer an Occupational Therapy application review service. We can help you if:
- You are having difficulty getting past the short-listing stage for the applications you submit.
- You would like to understand what it is that recruiters are looking for when they review your application.
- You need to understand exactly how to get the most useful and valuable information into your CV.
If any of these sound like you, then you may well benefit from our help. We can take the guesswork out of how to present yourself on paper, and explain what it is that recruiters are looking for from your application or CV. When you understand how the information is used, then it is much clearer what you need to include to make sure that your occupational therapy application is short-listed.
Standard Pricing Packages*
*If you would like something more bespoke please get in touch and we will do our best to help.
What we do to help with your Occupational Therapy application
- We will review your personal statement & work history details if you would like us to and give you individual feedback to help you learn what works with a traffic light system of feedback so you know.
- what is working well. GREEN
- what could be improved – with some clear directions. AMBER
- what areas are missing that you should consider adding and what you should exclude and avoid.RED
- You will understand how to sell yourself accurately without feeling that you are boasting or blowing your own trumpet through using positive statements.
- You will understand what you need to include to make sure that shortlisting panels have little choice but to invite you for interview.
- You will be able to plan how to make your application the springboard for answering questions at interview, and how to build on it even further.
- We can work with you to make multiple improvements to your application or CV. This could be helpful in developing your very first application or CV. Alternatively if you are applying for different types of posts, say static rehabilitation and rotational, we can fine tune your application for both posts incrementally.
- Where needed or if time is of the essence, we can talk you through the changes that you need to make through an online discussion.
For example, look at the two example paragraphs below taken from a occupational therapy application review to see the changes that can be achieved. Sometimes just having a second pair of ‘professional’ eyes can turn around an application.
Initial opening statement
As a final year student about to complete a BSc(hons) degree in Occupational Therapy, I am highly anticipating the opportunity to use all of the knowledge and skills gained over the past few years as a qualified professional. I have always felt that beginning with a rotational post to enable a variety of experience in the first instance would be appropriate. I feel the 9 months given to each area is much more substantial than the usual 6 and combined with the preceptorship that Southmead offer this position would strongly suit a keen individual like myself.
Rewritten opening statement after review
As a final year student about to complete a BSc(hons) degree in Occupational Therapy, I am anticipating the opportunity to use the knowledge and skills gained over the past three years as a qualified professional. I feel that beginning my career with the variety of experiences offered by a rotational post at Southmead would be a tremendous first step. The nine month long rotations, working in each area, which are more substantial than the usual six, combined with the Southmead preceptorship programme, would be well suited to a keen individual such as myself.
Our services are likely to be extremely busy during the summer period due to the number of new graduates that are job hunting. So please do contact us early if you would like our help.
Job application review service vs. application writing service
As OTs, I’m sure that you all appreciate the value in sharing the skills you need to master this yourself rather that leaving you dependent on us for every application you write. If nothing else it just gets expensive.Please note that we offer a review and guidance service. We will happily share with you how to best present yourself on any occupational therapy application or CV. We do not offer an application writing service. On a purely practical level, if you misrepresent yourself on paper there is a very clear chance that you will be found wanting at the interview stage. There is a post out there that is a great fit for you. Our job is to make the best of what you bring and help you be the best you that you can be.